Friday, May 3, 2013

Grandpa Willy

Biff Speaking to his son:

Hey kid, I know that I haven’t talked about your grandpa as much as you would like so here I go. I always did love him. He always wanted the best for your uncle Hap and me. He provided a roof over our head and worked very hard. Probably the hardest I’ve ever seen a man work! Way harder than I work, kid! He was always tellin’ Hap and me that we would make it big. He was always so proud of us and had a lot of faith that we would do well. I used to be the captain of the football team ya know? In highschool, your pops was a big shot! Your grandpa Willy was always so proud of me. He would have been proud of you too, son.  Looks like I am doin’ pretty dang well because I have you! But near the end, your gramps wasn’t doin’ so hot ya know? It might be hard for you to understand now, but your grandpa Willy never really found himself. He was a salesman but I don’t think that really was his dream. He always wanted to be rich and that was what he thought success was. We had different opinions on what being successful was. I figured it out but it was already too late for him. Look at all that I have?? Your beautiful mom, a thriving farm, and especially you my son! Just know what you want in life and go out and do it because you’re gonna’ go far, kid! Remember that I will always be proud of you no matter what you do in life.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate how the slang/diction continues into the future. This makes your entry more realistic.

    ReplyDelete